Create a Great Meditation Room through Different Meditation SupplySep 22, 2021
Everybody must consider learning one of the greatest skills in providing peace of mind, relaxation and elevating one's self, meditation. This could help them achieve a peaceful state and develop a more pleasant mind. Those people who are more serious about their meditations should designate a room for their practice. This room should give them a sense of calmness and peacefulness so that they could stick with their practice.
To make a room achieve a true meditating environment, set it up using various meditation supplies. This could add enhancement to the room and make it very special.
ï Cushions. Most people sit on the floor to do their meditation practice. However, many houses have hard cemented floors which are not always a better idea. It is advisable to use meditations cushions. These cushions are similar to throw pillows with a softened padding. Sitting impacts are minimized especially during an extended meditation practice.
As much as possible, purchase several cushions. This is important in case you are considering a group session in the future. Meditating for over fifteen minutes can cause muscle strain on the lower part of your body due to prolonged sitting.
ï Incense. This is an amazing meditation supply that can help people feel relaxed during their meditation practice. They can buy incense from various quality Middle Eastern or Asian supermarkets. Before buying a box of incense, try a single stick first and see its effects. These supermarkets always have samples. Simply ask the help of a supermarket attendant.
- A small table for prayer. Setting up the room similar to other countries like India, Thailand, or Japan can be done. People can put the incense and other essential meditation artifacts on the prayer table. Images of Buddha or God can be also placed to aid them during meditation. Unreligious individuals can put their family photos with little incense holders on both sides.
- Music. This great tool can help people achieve a true meditation state because of meditation music such as Baroque meditation music which helps in influencing the feelings of people. Most people really find it difficult to achieve a state of calmness when starting out with their meditation practice.
- Seven candles. Most house lightings today are harsh such as florescent or incandescent lights. Under these lights, people can find it very hard to meditate even when their eyes are closed. It is recommended to meditate under the light of seven candles. These candles must be placed on the prayer tables with varying heights.
- Peaceful photos and pictures. These are reminders for people why they are meditating. A true sense of tranquility and peace can be achieved upon entering the room. Other pictures can include animals or nature like sceneries from a flowing brook, a rainforest, or a calm ocean.
- A vase with flowers. Fresh flowers are good accents in meditation rooms. Nothing is more calming and relaxing than smelling the scents of newly cut flowers. Unique fragrance coming from fresh flowers and incense can entice the mind in achieving a state of calm.
Discontinuing any meditation practice can never lead to a successful mastery of the art itself. Each time the individuals restart, they will again go back to zero. But if a great meditation room is created, then this problem is minimized.
Learn today more than 20 science-based self-regulation tools in Joyful Minds Training at www.mrs-joy.com
Let's go together... to build the life you love.
Make it Shine and Be Your Best.
Founder of Joyful Minds Training, Wellbeing Time Meditation (WTM), Wellbeing Time USA Store and MRS JOY's Academy, Online Self-Development Institute specialised in Wellbeing & Mental Health, High Performance & Success, Meditation & Mindfulness.